Cloud DevOps Engineer
Cloud Platforms & Managed Services - India - Full Time
We help our customers rethink their digital business, experiences, and technology to navigate the new digital reality. We do this by designing sustainable and accountable solutions for humans living in a digital world. Mindcurv holistically covers the market’s need to digitalise business processes and customer experiences and take advantage of the cloud following DevOps and agile principles. We cater to the following six solution lines:
- Strategy and Advisory
- Creative Services and Digital Products
- Client Engagement Platforms
- Digital Experience and Solutions
- Data Services
- Cloud Platforms and Managed Services
We are made up of a team of experts from various domains that define, create, and improve digital experiences. They engage with people to achieve solutions that enable businesses to grow and scale sustainably.
Within our Cloud Platforms Solution Line, we apply an agile approach to provide true on-demand cloud platforms. We implement and operate secure cloud and hybrid global infrastructures using automation techniques for our clients business critical application landscape
A cloud engineer is responsible for the reliability and performance of the digital platform that we run for our clients. You will be working with various teams including the development team/s to manage the hosted or cloud native applications in an efficient and secure manner.
Your responsibilities will include
- To collaborate with specialist teams within the organisation and third-party suppliers, to deliver outstanding results for our clients
- Actively participate in our shift-left strategy via tools, automation, process and self-service functions to empower the business and other IT teams
- Manage business stakeholders through clear and accurate communication
- Configure and fine-tune hybrid and cloud native systems
- Monitoring and managing systems within the scope of the service
- Maintaining data integrity and access control by making use of operational tools
- Monitoring cloud costs and explore cost optimization strategies
- Plan and take preventive actions to mitigate risk of service disruptions
- Planning and patching systems based on generated software vulnerability reports
- Responding to alerts and escalation of incidents, with the aim to analyze and resolve them
- Execute root cause analysis into P1/P2 incidents
- Fulfilling service requests raised
- Deploy release packages from a CI/CD solution
- Ensure training material and technical documentation on new and existing operating process are kept up-to-date
- Reporting key metrics to the service manager
- Participate and contribute to our Agile way of working including planning, retrospectives and showcases
- Document and track issues and reasonable steps taken within the ticket management system
- Provide after-hours support within a defined roster
Who you are
- You must have a strong technical aptitude and an organized, process driven work ethic.
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills and a track record for providing high customer satisfaction.
- At least 3 years experience in an Online Systems/Web application support
- Exposure to APM monitoring, alerting and identifying trends with dashboards
- Experience with installation, configuration, managing and operating Linux systems
- Knowledge of best practices and IT Operations in an always-up and always available service
- Have a good understanding and experience working with one of three major Public cloud providers (AWS, MS Azure, GCP)
- Hands on experience with Docker and Kubernetes will be an added advantage
- Experience in querying logs using log aggregation tools like ELK, SPLUNK, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database like MySQL/Oracle/PostgresSQL/DynamoDB/MongoDB/Cassandra/Redis/Memcache
- Has experience working with JIRA and Confluence
- Prior working experience in an Agile environment will be an advantage
- An understanding of ITIL practices would be ideal
- You must be willing to work in shifts.
What do we offer you?
Perks, like drinks and snacks, pizza sessions, gaming nights and sensational parties, a pension scheme and a great salary, we’ve got them all.
And if you crave an intellectual challenge, Mindcurv has you covered. Interesting projects involving the latest, hyper innovative tech. An agile, entrepreneurial environment, with lots of freedom and no politics. Work-life balance, a culture of transparency and a management team with their ears to the ground.
As we typically are the trailblazers and innovators. A hybrid way of working in which you can work from home. You just come into one of our offices in Essen, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Munich, Frankfurt a.M., Hamburg, Jena, Utrecht, Madrid, Cochin, Coimbatore or Trivandrum when it adds value to be on-site. Looking for a glance behind the scenes? Check this blog.
Our high performers
You know who really thrive with us? Self-starters, team-players and continuous learners, with an uncanny ability to handle ambiguity. We’ll equip you with everything you need to succeed, help you explore the length and breadth of your domain and provide you with constant growth opportunities, to enrich your career.
Ready for change?
Are you ready for the next step in your career? For a role in which you can be fully yourself and bring out the best? In yourself, your colleagues and your clients? Don’t wait any longer and apply for this job right now.